We never go through anything just for ourselves, we go through things to help other people come out of what we had came out of!
In this episode of Unresolved Life podcast, Teresa Blaes talks with Lenita Reeves,a profound speaker and the author of the book “Breaking the silence: The journey from rape to redemption“.As a rape survivor and former teen mom, Lenita is an outspoken overcomer, sharing her testimony freely and as a result, seeing lives touched all over the world. She is an international speaker and member of the RAINN speaker’s bureau.
Lessons to take with you:
- Child is not a sin, it is a blessing.
- He is real!
- Rape to a woman is what castration is to a man.
- The evil can’t really hurt God, so what he does is, he goes after his creation.
- There is healing in confession.
- [03:23] – Graduating at number 10 in your class, at an age of 15, with the baby in your womb!
- [05:00] – “I started dating a guy that I should not have been dating!”
“He forced himself on me…..“
- [09:30] – Maybe this was gonna be the end. But I knew I had to tell her!
- [12:41] – Is demonstrating redemption and Restoration good for a child?
- [16:15] – That one invitation from that young lady, when I was moving into the dorms, changed my life forever!
- [19:24] – Why me…..?
- [25:54] – “Maybe they were being raped and they haven’t told anybody. They are struggling to live their life and don’t know how to deal with it. What would you say to them?”
- [32:16] – People who have been healed requires them to be bold and be the first to help!
- [36:40] – “I feel like a part of me is missing.”
“I feel like I never had a childhood.”
“God if your real then you need to show me!”
“It was the hand of the lord with me.”
“It was that redemptive and restorative hand of God that brought them through”
“When you sexually assaulted it’s not one thing that attracts you, it’s a package!”
“I once was lost and now I am found, and I know who set me free.”
About Our Sponsor
Make your Water Pure and Healthy.
Protect your Family from Water-borne Diseases.
What’s in your water? Would you like to find out?
Fill Out the Application on our website, And We’ll send you your free detailed Water Quality Report in 24 hours Or less.
- “Breaking The silence: The journey from rape to redemption” on Amazon
- More books by Lenita Reeves on Amazon and her website.
- Lenita Reeves’s Website
- Catch up Teresa on her website
If you know someone who is struggling , maybe they have gone through something like rape or sexual abuse, share this episode to them and let’s get some people healed!
SPONSOR: Fix My Water