In this show I talk to Eric Nevins who is the host of the half way there podcast. We speak of his past and how he Grew up, and how he got in to studying what he calls spiritual formation We covered many other subjects as well, and this is a conversation I truly enjoyed having.
In this special episode, we pay tribute to our beloved mentor, Pastor JR Camfield. He recently passed away, leaving behind him a legacy of ministry and hope. We miss him terribly. There has never been such a selfless servant, who sought God with his whole heart. I’m sure he heard “Well done good and faithful servant.” and is hanging out with Jesus riding on his Harley on streets of gold
We did an interview with about 11 years ago about how to hear God’s voice. We urge you to take the time to listen to it. It will change your life.
Farewell Pastor, or should i say until we meet again.
A video of Pastor JR and Carol talking about the work the Seed of Abraham Motorcycle Club is doing along with the other Christian Biker Clubs
Tahni Cullen is a people-lover, blogger, and conference speaker, who brings a powerful message of hope and restoration.
Tahni worked thirteen years at a multi-campus church in the Twin Cities of Minnesota where she served in communication arts, and as a ministry director. She is a freelance marketer who also performs in an original live variety show for women’s events.
Tahni and her producer husband, Joe, created an award-winning documentary called Surprised by Autism. They live with their son, Josiah, in Saint Paul, where they enjoy exploring Minnesota’s museums and destinatio
In this episode I speak to Andrew Schwab, lead singer of the band Project86.
We talk about his experiences and influences on his writings, his views on hell, his critiques of the church as an organization, and a couple of songs from Project86’s new album, Sheep Among Wolves.
Who is Andrew and what is Project86? [00:53]″]
What one message does Andrew endeavor to communicate? [02:21]″]
What convinces Andrew that humans are all flawed? [03:50]”
Is there something Andrew would like to say to the LGBT community? [04:23]″]
How has Andrew’s personal experience within modern Christian culture informed his critiques of the church? [07:18]
How did Andrew’s childhood affect his music, and how has his music evolved over time? [10:09]
What influences Andrew’s writings? [12:32]
What is Project86’s new song “Freebooter” about? [14:27]
Is “Freebooter” aimed more at those with faith or without? [16:56]
What is the song “Copper Wish” about? [17:16]
What would Andrew say to someone who is looking for hope? [19:01]
How does Andrew know there is a hell? [23:02]
Is there one thing that Andrew wants to leave our audience with? [24:20]
How to contact Andrew https://www.andrewschwab.com/contact/
Frances and I speak this week on what is behind some of the struggles
that we have, weather it be bitterness, unforgiveness, and many other
issues in other words we cover the spiritual roots of some diseases
and what to do about them.
Advice for those struggling in this Christmas season? [01:55]
• If this season is not the best time of year for you and if its one of those years where you’re like, I absolutely hate the holiday season. You should get someone around you that can keep you going and also help you refocus.
Even Moses needed help to stay strong when he was guiding the children of Israel. [02:12]
• Just as Moses needed physical help to hold up is hands when leading the children of Israel. We ourselves need help from different persons at times when we feel low in spirit.
Frightening statistics about the Christmas season. [03:18]
• Statistics show that the most suicide occur during the Christmas season.
Second advice to keep you through the Christmas holiday. [03:36]
• Keep your mind on things that will keep you uplifted.
In this episode we speak with Pastor Gene McIntyre about mental illness and what you need to know. We cover a four step plan for dealing with mental illness from a biblical perspective
• What does she and her group do for persons will illness? [04:52]
• What is a broken person? [06:27]
• How do persons view mental illness and why? [08:19]
• Examples of persons who were healed in the bible. [09:34]
• Advice on how to overcome things that are nagging you in your life.
1. Walk in peace with Jesus. [14:26]
2. Acknowledge God as Lord and study the bible. [14:43]
3. Surround your self with people that believe in what you believe. [15:20]
4. Consider help from a medical professional. [16:22] `
• Where does illness come from? [20:13]
• What purpose does the enemy have for us? [21:24]
• What can happen when you have mental illness and don’t get treatment? [21:54]
• Advice to people who ask if God is a “crutch”. [25:19]
• Do persons in the Christian faith have more power to overcome than those who aren’t? [29:28]
• Closing advice to the persons listening to this podcast. [31:25]