In this episode, Teresa talks to Jake Enriquez, real estate investor and host of the “Press and Reach” podcast. They discuss addiction and finding Christ in the darkest times of life.
- Jake talks about how he got involved with the “Press and Reach” podcast. [00:56]
- What “good news” is there to be had in the world today? [01:58]
- Can someone be a good and moral person without Jesus Christ? [03:31]
- Jake talks about his faith journey and how that has influenced his career and life. [04:29]
- What was Jake looking for that led him to drink when he was young? [07:03]
- Would Jake say that alcohol was a crutch? [09:40]
- What did Jake think of himself in the midst of this struggle when he was younger? [10:34]
- Why did Jake ask for forgiveness if he didn’t believe? [13:16]
- What questions did Jake have after he was released from jail? [16:01]
- Jake discusses the complications of his “unwelcome” conversion within his family and how he managed them. [17:53]
- How has Jake’s conversion affected his relationship with his wife? [21:42]
- How many people are sitting in church, afraid to talk to other Christians because of their past? [24:52]
- What would Jake to someone who feels they can’t be forgiven for what they’ve done? [26:37]
- Does this mean that God is willing to forgive anyone and everyone? [28:46]
- Jake tells a story about a man he met through his prison ministry. [30:12]
- How can someone gain the sort of freedom that Jake is describing? [32:15]
If you are struggling with addiction, please know that you are not alone and there are many resources available to help. The Helpline at the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) at 1-800-662-HELP (1-800-662-4357) can put you in touch with organizations close to you.
Want to stay Informed?
Fill out the form to be notified when we post new content